Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Talk on the Block

After the Rocky and Bullwinkle debacle, I decided a I needed to do something that I know works for me. And because of the Rocky and Bullwinkle debacle, I started a blog called Save This Quilt  -- go over and give me some constructive suggestions.  http://savethisquilt.blogspot.com/  Feel free to post your own debacles, come on you know you have one stashed away somewhere, Right?

I made a few of my favorite blocks from some fabric that I have been wanting to use since the Fall.   These are made from 2.5 inch strips cut on the Accuquilt.  




This is one of my favorite blocks to make.  It is time consuming, but the result is spectacular and as you can see from the pictures below, you can do a lot with it.   



The block above is big and is intended to be the centerpiece of another Hello Kitty quilt.  It will be accompanied by another one that size and with some of these:


This is a far as I have gotten with the planning.    Got some different fabric coming to use with it.  We'll see how it goes.

  Ever heard of Skelanimals?  See below.




See the little skeleton faces, they are called Skelanimals.  These are going on this for a kid I know.




This block is really versatile.  I had some strips left over from another project and I made these that will eventually go somewhere.  Maybe with sashing and maybe not, don't know yet. 






The two below are pretty big -- but you can see what you can do with it -- just keep adding the rows and it just gets more and more spectacular and is not difficult.  Just takes time and attention to detail.  I cannot remember where I found this -- I cannot find the original directions I used, but If I do I will post a link, and I am sure this block has a name, but I don't know what it is.   I have it in mind to purchase the Barbara Brackman Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns, but have spent all my discretionary cash on what else -- FABRIC -- so the book is on the wish list. 





If someone knows the name of the pattern, be sure to post a comment.  

Be Well.  Sherrill 




2 comments: